Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shag Band Colour List

A poem by Lydia Koidula, Estonian poet: "Mu isamaa minutes we arm"


daughter of a schoolteacher, Lydia Koidula (real name Lydia Jannsen, 1843-1886) is instructed that the higher may receive in his day a young girl in the Russian Empire: After high school in a German language school, she passed at the University of Tartu consideration of a tutor, but she was already engaged in any other way. His father, Johann Voldemar Jannsen, founder in 1857 of the first Estonian newspaper (The Postilion Pärnu), made her his assistant. After the family moved to Tartu, 1863, the Estonian newspaper became the Postilion and relies almost entirely on the shoulders of the young Lydia. First woman journalist of her country, she works without sparing his strength, correcting tests, ensuring the correspondence and meeting almost alone, for his translations and adaptations, the literary supplement. It also participates in the intense cultural and social life of Tartu, which is then the main focus of the Estonian national movement. Become, through his works and activities, a central figure in this movement, however, it must leave the country in 1873 to follow her husband, who was appointed medical officer at Kronstadt. Despite the distance, she continues to work at Postilion Estonian, but now spends most of his time to his family. She died of cancer at the age of 43.

"Mu isamaa one arm minutes" (My Country is My Love) is one of the most important songs for Estonians.
First Aleksander Kunileid composition, lyrics Lydia Koidula.
This song was originally set to music for the first Estonian Song Festival in 1869. The second composition, which is known to the public was created by Gustav Ernesaks in 1944.
"Mu isamaa minutes we arm" became the anthem "unofficial" during the Soviet occupation, when "Mu isamaa , mu onn ja room "- My Country is My Pride and Joy - (lyrics by Johann Voldemar Jannsen), the national anthem of the Republic of Estonia from 1921 to 1940 was not .
"Mu isamaa minutes we arm", written by Lydia Koidula, since that time has always ended every song festival, with or without permission. The tradition continues today.


MU ISAMAA ON TIMER ARM


Mu isamaa minutes we arm,
südant annud kel ma
sul my Laulan , Mu Onn ulema,
õitsev Eestimaa mu!
Su won multiple Keeb Sudama,
your joy and happiness makes me happy,
my fatherland
My Fatherland is My Love,
do not miss him, I
and the death of hundreds I
therefore, to die!
Are foreign envy slander,
You still live in the heart of
my fatherland!
My Fatherland is My Love,
Tahan ja puhata,
knew Ruppe heidan Unel,
mu Estimaa Puha!
Su linnud und multi laulavad,
mu põrmust lilled õitsetad,
isamaa mu!

MY SWEET COUNTRY, AS I LOVE
My sweet country, I like it!
My heart belongs to him.
For you I sing, my happiness, my
Estonia flowers!
Your pain at the back end of me,
Your happiness and your joy is mine,
O my country!
My sweet country, I like it!
Point will never leave,
Even if I succumb to it
More than a thousand deaths!
Never mind the gossip jealous!
You'll live forever in my heart,
O my country!
My sweet country, as I love you!
I would fall asleep,
Replace all in the palm of you,
My sacred Estonia!
Your birds will sing for me
Your flowers will grow on my body,
O my country!

Translated from Estonian by Antoine Chalvin

Sources:
http://www.litterature-estonienne.com/Koidula.html

Estonian Song Celebration (July 2009)

0 comments:

Post a Comment